5 Tips For Maximizing The Most Of Your Small Living Room
Have you decided that it is finally time to give your small living room the facelift that it has been begging for? If so, look no further than Cleo’s Furniture- we have everything you need to maximize the most of your smaller living room. Just because you have a limited space to work with doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be styled to fit your aesthetic. By using some tried and true techniques, you can design a compact space that appears inviting, cozy and uncluttered. Keep reading to learn the five tips to make the most of your small living room!
- Symmetry is Queen- Styling your living room with symmetrical furniture or decor can create a feeling of balance and calm. A good way to create symmetry is to arrange two small sofas or loveseats around a focal point. If you are fortunate enough to have an architectural feature that acts as a natural focal point, like a fireplace or a bay window, place your sofas on either side with the cocktail table between them. If you don’t, you can create a focal point with a large painting or a television.
- Pick the Perfect Sofa- By introducing a sofa in a show-stopping color to a smaller living room, you can make the sofa the star of the room. A sofa in a spectacular color will direct attention away from the size of the room and focus it on the furniture instead. Be sure to repeat the sofa color when you accessorize with throw pillows and other home decor items.
- Bring the Outside Inside- Decorating your place with plants and foliage can really bring a sense of open and airy feeling. If you don’t have a green thumb, there are great faux plants to choose from, or you can select green or botanical fabrics throughout the room.
- Give it some Texture- Patterns, fascinating lighting and sophisticated accent furniture can go a long way in adding interest to your room and making it appear larger. Textures are making a strong comeback this year, so don’t be afraid to use layers that accentuate carefully selected furniture, area rugs and accessories to create an inviting atmosphere.
- Mirror Mirror- Don’t forget to use mirrors in your space. Mirrors give your room depth and can give your smaller living room a much larger appearance. A beautiful wall mirror can reflect light and direct it into your room to maximize your space visually. You can also find furniture accent pieces that incorporate mirrors in them such as a narrow mirrored console table.
Visit your Nearest Cleo’s Furniture Today!
Stop by any one of our 15 locations across Arkansas. Our team of in-house designers is here to help guide you through the makeover process and will help you find the perfect piece for your needs that works in the space you have. And if you’re considering an entire living room makeover, check out our post on what you need to keep in mind when planning.
Comments are closed