The Do’s And Don’ts Of Furniture Shopping
If you’re in the market to get some new furniture, you know just how overwhelming the whole process can be as there are so many options to choose from. Since you’ll likely have your furniture for years to come, you want to make sure that whatever you choose will stand the test of time. Luckily, your friend’s at Cleo’s Furniture are here to help make the furniture buying experience as smooth as possible- which is why we’ve put together this list of the do’s and don’ts of furniture shopping.
- Know Your Space– Before you can even start the process, you’ll want to thoroughly measure and know your space. Be sure to get exact measurements of the room you are furnishing and make sure that whatever you choose will proportionally fit in your space.
- Do Your Research– It is natural to want to pay the lowest price for whatever you are shopping for, but when it comes to furniture- you’ll want to do your research and make sure you are getting the best quality furniture for the lowest price possible. At Cleo’s we only carry high-quality furniture and offer it at an affordable price. We also have financing options available for those who wish to make payment plans.
- Get a Feel of the Piece– Be sure to check the piece you’re considering buying to make sure it is something you will be comfortable in. Whether it be a couch, accent chair, recliner, sectional or mattress- make sure you will be happy with the choice you make. Test out different styles, fills, fabrics and colors. Keep in mind comfort, allergies, aesthetics, kids, and pets. Fabrics may have different print patterns, thread counts, and weave tightness.
- Don’t Forget To Measure Your Doorways– The last thing you will want to do is get your brand new furniture delivered to your home only to find out that it won’t fit through the front door or through any doorways inside your home. Most quality pieces of furniture cannot be easily dismantled and reassembled- so be sure to know the exact measurements of doorways and keep a clear path to get the furniture to where it needs to go.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions– When you are shopping, don’t be afraid to ask questions. After all, this furniture will be going into your home and not the salesperson’s. Ask as many questions about your favorite piece as possible. If you want to buy a coffee table for example, you might have questions about its material, make, etc. Remember, buying furniture is a big investment, so clear your doubts before buying. Thankfully, our knowledgeable team at Cleo’s is ready to answer any questions you may have about the furniture, financing or the delivery process.
- Don’t Show Up Unprepared– If you are redesigning your space to be up-to-date on the latest trends of the season, be sure to bring pictures, swatches, photos of your space, blueprints, or inspirational images. Our team of in-house designers are here to help you find the perfect piece of furniture for your needs and taste.
Visit Your Nearest Cleo’s Today!
Now that you are equipped with the basic do’s and don’ts of furniture shopping- stop by any one of our 15 locations and check out all of the inventory we have in stock. We are so excited to help you through this journey and want to help you make your house a home.
Comments are closed